PyMongo 3.11.0b1 Released

We are pleased to announce the 3.11.0b1 release of PyMongo - MongoDB’s Python Driver. This beta release adds support for MongoDB 4.4.

Links:

Note that this release will not be uploaded to PyPI and can be installed directly from the GitHub tag:

python -m pip install https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-python-driver/archive/3.11.0b1.tar.gz
1 Like

Sorry, for commenting here, but I couldn’t find a way to DM. first of all thanks for PyMongo its an awesome library. I’m using it extensively, although I’m unable to find a method synonmous to ‘collMod’ used for updated ‘expiresAfterSecond’ on TTL index in pymongo docs.
This seemed like silly question to ask on forum.

Happy to help. In the future feel free to create a new forum post for this type of question. You can run the collMod command (or any other MongoDB command) with the Database.command() method:

>>> client.db.command('collMod', 'collection_name',
                      index={'name': 'index_name', 'expireAfterSeconds': 3600})
2 Likes

Hello @Niraj_Mukta welcome to the community!

as a brand new, highly welcome member, few limitations are available. You start as a Seedling and will be very soon promoted. Once promoted you will be able to send Private Messages and have further advantages:

• Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users

Please check out the post Getting Started with the MongoDB Community from @Jamie which will explain all this in much more details.

Hope this helps,
Michael

3 Likes

wow! That was quick. Thank you so much @Shane . It worked.

@michael_hoeller Thank you for the warm welcome. Will definitely checkout the community guidelines. Looking forward to learning with and helping fellow developers.

2 Likes