Pausing Videos in MongoDb university shouldn't suggest more videos by Youtube

Is there a way you can disable, Youtube automatic suggestion of ‘more videos’ when you pause the video in between?

I generally tend to pause the video to check on the summary points or info on slides/query in between and find it annoying because it blocks half of the video frame

3 Likes

I would like to reinforce the importance of this suggestion. It is really annoying to have to close that section every time we pause a video.

This is a great idea, and I ran into this myself since I too am a frequent pauser. :slight_smile:

However, it looks like YouTube removed the ability to stop this behaviour in embedded videos back in 2018: YouTube Embedded Players and Player Parameters So it needs to be handled client-side now. :frowning:

I was able to halt this annoying behaviour with uBlock Origin by applying the advice in this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/etetln/how_can_i_removedisable_more_videos_when_pausing/ (Extensions > uBlock Origin > Options > My filters > paste in youtube.com##.ytp-pause-overlay and hit Apply.)

Hope that helps!

1 Like