Organize functions in folders

Is there currently functionality to organize realm functions into folder structures? As my app becomes more complex I find it challenging to quickly find the functions that I am looking for.

1 Like

Hi @Tyler_Collins,

Looks like there is a “ticket” for this in the MongoDB Feedback website:

You can vote for it but I’ll also surface this topic to the Realm team! I think it’s a good idea!

Cheers,
Maxime.

1 Like

Hi @Tyler_Collins,

It’s actually already possible. Here is a screenshot from the Realm UI when you try to create a new function:

It’s going to be reflected in the folder hierarchy when you export the project (GitHub sync, realm-cli) but it’s not (yet?) reflected in the Realm UI though.

Cheers,
Maxime.

2 Likes

Oh my god I’ve been wanting to do this since I started using MongoDB Realm about a year ago! I checked the documentation multiple times over the first several months but it seemed to always explicitly say that functions had to be placed directly in the functions directly and not in its subdirectories.

I’m so glad I searched again and found that functions can finally be organized in folders!!! Here’s the new documentation on defining functions in Atlas App Services.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.