Open Source Contributors, Pick Up Your Badges Here!

I am the literal Oprah of badges. :crown:

3 Likes

Mama badge :smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Hi All,

I contributed to the WildAid/o-fish-android project during the Hacktoberfest.

Here’s the relevant PR: fix: change android input type to use numeric keyboard by default by subbramanil · Pull Request #367 · WildAid/o-fish-android · GitHub

Glad to contribute to the OpenSource Projects.

Appreciate @Sheeri_Cabral for letting me know about the badges.

Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks for your work on O-FISH, @Subbu_Lakshmanan!! It always bothers me when there isn’t a switch to the numeric input by default on my phone. Great job!

2 Likes

Hi all, first of I love MongoDB, I have contributed to the Wildaid/o-fish-web during the Hacktoberfest, here’s the relevant PR: https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/pull/335. Thank you @Sheeri_Cabral for guiding me through the journey and answering my silly doubts.

5 Likes

@Sourabh_Bagrecha Thank YOU for having such a great discussion - I didn’t know the difference between onCilck and Link, and json params vs. query params! We are all learning…

-Sheeri

6 Likes

I contributed to WildAid/o-fish-web project,

here are the links to my PR

3 Likes

Hi @Devesh_Chatuphale! Thanks for your contributions to the O-FISH project! Your enhancements will improve users’ ability to find what they need. I really appreciate your dedication to working through the issues with the view-agency component work and getting it to its final state. Well done!

2 Likes

Hello!
This was my first contribution to open-source and I’m so glad I did it!
This is my PR: Dark Mode for validators by abdulbasit75 · Pull Request #433 · WildAid/o-fish-android · GitHub

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @Abdul_Basit! Congrats on making your first open source contribution! The colors look great and I’m sure our users will appreciate your work here :grin:

1 Like

Note: While Hacktoberfest 2020 has concluded, you are still eligible to receive the Hacktoberfest 2020 Contributor badge if you share a PR that was accepted within the month of October.

O-FISH contributors can pick up their O-FISH Contibutor badge at any time.

1 Like

Hello!

I did some work on O-FISH Android application as part of the Hacktoberfest 2020 challenge.
The issues I worked on mainly dealt with adding support for dark mode on multiple pages.

Following are the PRs for the issues I worked on-

I really liked the way this project is kept well organized and adheres to a template for submitting PRs. I would also like tike to thank @Sheeri_Cabral for all the assistance and prompt responses. All of this contributed towards providing a pleasant experience while working on this project!

Love from India.

Regards,
Ashwin.

2 Likes

Thanks for your contribution @Ashwin_Pilgaonkar! I love how the colors just pop in the Dark Mode version of the Risk page. We’re thrilled to have you join us here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everybody!

I worked on the O-FISH application back in August.

My PRs are at https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-ios/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Amrlynn

I adjusted the login prompt to remove autocapitalization and fixed a link to the constants.swift file in the README.

Great project!

2 Likes

Awesome work, @Michael_Lynn!

Hi everyone!

Last month I worked on a few a11y improvements for o-fish-android and o-fish-web.

Thank you @Sheeri_Cabral for introducing me to this project during Hacktoberfest!

Corey

3 Likes

Hey @Corey_Rowe, thanks so much for your contribution to O-FISH! I really appreciate you focusing on increasing access to the app to users of multiple languages. This step really broadens our ability to empower users from all around the world!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Sorry to join this party so late but during Hacktoberfest 2020 I added alt text for o-fish-wildaid to the build charts overview and the build and deploy to test charts pages. This was my first time contributing to open source and my first Hacktoberfest so I appreciate being assigned to this issue!

Here’s the PR for the issue I worked on:

Thank you again and looking forward to contributing again!

Best,
Waverley Leung

2 Likes

Hey @Waverley_Leung - thanks for your contribution to O-FISH’s accessibility with your PR! Great job & welcome to the forums!

1 Like