Offline Atlas cluster to use Realm Sync without internet?

My understanding of Realm Sync

I understood it is possible to use Realm Sync on a (sometimes) offline application/client. This Realm Sync would manage the connection to the database along with conflict resolution. But, as I understood, Realm Sync would need to connect to an Atlas Cluster (a server).

I also understood here that offline is totally ok if Realm Sync is not used.

The question

Is it possible to have an offline instance of that Atlas Cluster (i.e. not in the cloud)?

Why this question?

I need to build some database synchronisation for a project that will NEVER have access to internet.

1 Like

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @Nicolas_VERHELST !

No. MongoDB Atlas and Realm Sync are currently only available as cloud services.

There’s a relevant open feature request that you can watch & upvote on the MongoDB Feedback site: On premises Solution for MongoDB Realm.

Can you provide some more detail on your offline sync use case?

For example: are you syncing between mobile or iOT devices? How many offline clients will you need to sync between?

Regards,
Stennie

Thank you :smiley:

No. MongoDB Atlas and Realm Sync are currently only available as cloud services.

That’s mostly what I wanted to know.

There’s a relevant open feature request that you can watch & upvote on the MongoDB Feedback site: On premises Solution for MongoDB Realm .

Upvote given :wink:

Can you provide some more detail on your offline sync use case?

For example: are you syncing between mobile or iOT devices? How many offline clients will you need to sync between?

The idea is to sync multiple sites (building/company/country) so they could all have access to a (synced) list of users (amongst other things). Sites are sort of nodes, sort of server. Sites are communicating to each other via a VPN. This VPN network doesn’t have access to internet (at all).

Number of sites: about 100.

Regards,
Nicolas

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.