Not able to reset questions in Chapter 3 Internal Authentication

Chapter 3: Internal Authentication
Learning Activity: Why is Internal Authentication Important?

Problem:
There is a small company called Bingo that uses a replica set to store customer account data. However, their replica set does not use internal authentication, which exposes their data to outside intruders.

Sort the following steps so they follow the process a hacker would use to exploit a replica set that doesn’t use internal authentication.

The first step is given to you here:

Gain access to the login credentials for the clusterAdmin user of the replica set.

Note: ClusterAdmin doesn’t grant the privilege to read data, but it does grant the privilege to create a secondary member that reads data.

Attempts Remaining:2 Attempts left

Authenticate as the cluster administrator.
Connect to the primary member of the replica set.
Deploy and add the rogue member to the replica set.

Not able to try remaining 2 attempts

Hi @ABHISHEK_MIDHA, welcome to the community :wave:.

Mostly the submit button gets activated again when you change the input from the previous submission.
If you have already updated the input, I would recommend you to refresh the page.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

Greetings,

I am also experiencing difficulties with this question.

Firstly, the text for each suggested response appears, but the accompanying radio buttons do not appear, making selection of a response impossible.

Secondly, having made an initial submission (with no radio button choice made, with the result appearing as an incorrect answer), the page will not reset, even when reloaded.

Looking forward to this genuine problem being resolved.

Forgot to add:

Using Chrome Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows 10 platform.

Hi @ajborla, welcome to the community.
Can you post a screenshot of the same?

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

Greetings,

Thank you for your response.

I re-logged in to the course, and discovered the situation I described had not changed. This is what it looks like:

As you can see, no radio button options appear, and the “Try again” button is disabled. It does not appear possible to “reset” the quiz for another attempt, something I would like to do.

Thank you.

Just drag-n-drop the items to reorder them.

2 Likes

Greetings,

All good now with your guidance.

Many thanks for your rapid response.

1 Like