No module named mflix.factory

I had to do some rearranging of folders that got scattered during the extraction, but I think I have them all gathered up now. I got almost to the end of Chapter 0, but python run.py keeps looking for modules I can’t find. You can see that the first time it errored out was because it couldn’t find a module named mflix. That, I solved by moving some things into a new folder. But now it wants a module named mflix.factory.

Here are the contents of the mflix folder. I see a factory.py, but no mflix.factory. What is missing here?

Hey @Jason_Hernandez,

It looks like there is some files location change due to all the arranging of folders you talked about. Can you try downloading and extracting the files from the zip instead of gathering them apart? This will help you set up the course properly.

Let us know if you are facing any other problems too while setting up. Feel free to reach out for anything else as well.

Regards,
Satyam

1 Like

Okay, I did all that. Now it says
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘flask_cors’

Hey @Jason_Hernandez,

Did you install the packages from requirements.txt?

pip install -r requirements.txt

If this is just one package that is left, better to do a pip install <package_name>

Regards,
Satyam

Thanks. The pip install for requirements produced a huge, colorful error message paragraph; but pip install for just Flask-Cors worked successfully. Now to see if there are any other missing packages.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.