Missin Realm Constructor error

I followed the documentation as specified by Expo, I wanted to know if Expo-dev-client should stay installed in the build when I use realm, or can I uninstall it?

I am having similar issues when using Expo. There just seems to be so many points of failure between Realm, React Native, Expo and EAS that I am unsure which is causing the issues at this point. We are still having the original error about the Constructor and how it has not been working with our emulators no matter which one we try.

We have been working hard with Expo to maintain a good compatibility with Realm. As we are a third party library, this has not been easy to make work. However, the current templates we have published have been tested and should work just fine. When we can ensure good compatibility with the latest Expo SDK, then we will also publish a new working template with those updates. We also do this for React Native releases.

Here are the current templates for Expo and React Native:

Using Expo

React Native

That being said, modifications and update to any components in these templates could possibly cause a failure, and we cannot guarantee that we are compatible in combination with every dependency. If you do find an issue, please use these templates as a starting point and file an issue on github, so we can address it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the late reply. You definitely need the expo-dev-client when building. If you uninstall it, then you are basically uninstalling Realm from your Expo build and it will not work.

I met the same issue.

I follow the boostrap doc and followed every step multiples times.

But when I run expo run:ios and try to open the app from the emulator, it will just close immediately.