M312 docker setup for M1 Mac Apple Silicon

Hi,
Probably, it’s already been cleared but for those who need test setup for M1 Macbook,
I was able to complete the course with this docker setup,
https://github.com/ghcho20/muniv-m312-vagrant-docker.
Just in case somebody is looking for an alternative to vagrant + virtualbox.

Good luck with your journey. (M312 was the most toughest of all for me)

3 Likes

This workout is quite useful for other platforms as well where one may choose docker over vagrant.

Yet, it would be better if you include “arm64” tag in your post and title (if possible) since we are not much accustomed to seeing an architecture other than x32 and x64. The tag is beneficial not to fall into not-noticing-the-detail pitfall :sweat_smile:

I, myself, had to disable docker and install vagrant. it was not a pleasant experience. Thanks again for sharing your configuration. :heart:

1 Like

Hi, Probably, it’s already been cleared but for those who need test setup for M1 Macbook , I was able to complete the course with this docker … Docker Desktop click test for Mac on Apple silicon is now available as a GA release. This enables you to develop applications with your choice of local development … You can run ARM or Intel Docker containers on the Apple M1 Mac with Docker Desktop for Mac M1 . I do it all the time. The default, of course