M220P Least Privilege

Where is the option to add default privilege? I created the user, but all I could do was delete the default role, and then create a specific role of read/write on the sample_mflix database.

I restarted the browser and also restarted vsCode…

started the program by typing python3 run.py

went to the browser and navigated to the test… But the test fails.

I couldn’t find anywhere on the add user page an area to Add Default Privilege…

There is a space to add a specific privilege…

I then edited the ini file for the new user. mflixAppUser:mflixAppPwd in the connection string for both the production and test URIs.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 9.51.09 AM

Hey @David_Thompson,

Once you add the specific Privilege and update the .ini file for the new user, do restart the app as well. That should help.

Regards,
Satyam

@Satyam ,

I updated the ini file and also closed all terminals, editors, and browsers and reopened them… It still fails…

Where do I go from here to troubleshoot?

---------------UPDATE-----------------

Never mind… I updated the wrong file. LOL

BOY DO I FEEL STUPID!!!

I had 2 files. one named ini and the other .ini

I originally updated the ini file. LOL

1 Like

Hey @David_Thompson,

There’s no programmer who doesn’t make mistakes!:dizzy: Glad to see you found the error and solved the ticket!:smile:

Hoping you are finding the course useful, informative, and fun. Feel free to reach out for anything else as well.

Regards,
Satyam

@Satyam ,

Thanks… Just finished the course… I liked it and I have taken both the .net and python developer courses… I have actually finished the developer course. (Correction… I think I need to retake the performance course)

I am interested in certification, but I don’t know where else to go to get both practice and prep for the test… Got any recommendations?

@David_Thompson,

Congrats on completing the course! :tada:

You can read more about developer certification from the official page. Here you’ll find links to study guides, practice tests as well as documentation.

There’s also a dedicated forum space for Certification Exams. Here you can ask any certification-related queries and doubts. I’m linking one of the posts regarding Developer Certification from there. It has all the recommendations. Do check this out:

Wishing you all the very best in completing the developer path courses and subsequently becoming a MongoDB Certified Developer. :dizzy::smile:

Regards,
Satyam

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.