M121 Lab - $unwind Problem with answer pattern

After I tried to enter the correct answer and still not correct. I double check my answer and found that the patterns in the lab question and detailed answer are not the same.

The whitespace does not match near the colon.

my answers almost the same except for spaces. and I’m sure my 3rd answer matches the question format.

lab question

{ “_id”: “First Last”, “numFilms”: 1, “average”: 1.1 }

detailed answer

{ “_id” : “First Last”, “numFilms” : 1, “average” : 1.1 }

is your answer in the first format or the second?

I had my answer in the first format but I don’t think those spaces matter.

it is possible your answer was not correct. do you have a 10-character name and films over a hundred?

I’m sure my 3rd answer is in the first format. (I copied it to recheck)

I answered almost the same 3 times
1st correct but wrong decimal
2nd correct but white space at first
3rd correct and match the question format ( but sill not correct)

Now I can see the detailed answer and of course it’s correct but not same space

I am sorry to hear that. I hope admins and/or course coordinators will come for a help.

1 Like

This one makes your case a bit more confusing. David says he tested and spaces do not affect the result. weird.

Thank you, Its hard to say I’m correct answer because many people passed without problems . Maybe its another bug . If the Courses keeps student’s answer it might help

Hi @Daydreamer_N_A, welcome to the community.
I checked your submission, it seems like you had an extra space in the field name inside the string, which did not match the actual answer, therefore it has been as incorrect:

{ "_id": "John Wayne", "numFilms": 107, "average ": 6.4 }
// Notice the extra space as mentioned in here ^^

However, since this is a very minor mistake, I will add the appropriate credits for this lab so that it will be marked as correct in your dashboard.

If you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
MongoDB

2 Likes

Thank you vrery much and sorry for my mistake.