M121 Cluster has no data

Hi everybody! I think I have a little bit of a problem and I would be grateful if you could give some hints. I connected to the suggested by the course cluster using this command:

mongo "mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/aggregations?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0" --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl -u m121 -p aggregations --norc

Then I try to familiarize myself with the collections on the aggregations database and it looks like there is no data:

Did I miss anything? I double checked chapters 0 and 1 and I didn’t find any dataset files or instructions in their handouts.

@Ivan_Krepyshev I believe the mongosh command you are looking for is:

db.movies.countDocuments()

BTW, it’s generally not a good idea to post authentication credentials.

Oh, my fault! Thank you very much for helping me!

1 Like

Hi @Ivan_Krepyshev,

To be clear, the problem was that you were trying to query db.collections.movies instead of db.movies. Your original usage would be looking for a collection called collections.movies.

The expected name to use is as listed in the show collections output.

Regards,
Stennie

3 Likes

Yeah, I messed up. No excuse. Thank you very much for spending time looking over my issue!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.