M103 Ch.1 Lab 2: Configuration File

I am getting back:
Aborted (core dumped)
When trying to run my configuration:

vagrant@m103:~/data$ vagrant@m103:~/data$ mongod -f mongod.cfg

What is the path to the config file, dbpafh and logpath? Also check ps -ef | grep [m]ongo for running instances.

My path to the config file:

/home/vagrant/data/mongod.cfg

Result of ps -ef | grep [m]ongo

Also when I try running the config file from the home directory it just sits on a blinking cursor

vim shouldn’t be causing any interference, but just to be 100% sure, kill those vim sessions.

Here are some things in your config file that need fixing:

1. journal.enabled - not a requirement in this lab
  2. systemLog.path - has two spaces after the colon. Potentially one of the culprits.
  3. net.bindIp - has no space after the colon. Potentially one of the culprits.
  4. net.bindIp - put localhost first

Also make sure that /data/db exists.

Lastly, to keep in-line with forum guidelines (i.e. not posting potential answers to labs), please remove the screenshot of your config file from your last post.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the response, I’ll update on how it works out once I get home and on my computer

So I went back through the whole process to make sure I had even done the first lab correctly, I went through the authentication process again and added the user, it had shown that I already added the user which I already figured I did. I also included the steps that you provided and everything worked fine! Thank you for the help I really appreciate it! :pray:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Validation script is giving timeout error

Closing this thread as the issue has been resolved.