Looking for a Realm Flutter SDK

Hi there,
does anyone know if there will be soon a flutter SDK? I heard some mumbling about it in the past but nothing concrete. My current modernization project could fit in, so even a beta to check out options could be helpful. Unfortunately I have not found further information about a Realm Flutter SDK.
Anyone who did or who can add reliable information to this?

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,
We are working on a Realm Flutter preview SDK which will be a version for testing out and experimentation how Realm works in the developers apps. We are planning on releasing it sometimes soon. I can’t commit on a more specific timeframe.

Hello @michael_hoeller

I am happy to inform you that we do have the Flutter SDK in Alpha stages right now.

If you would like to test and see how it works for your use cases, and provide any amazing feedback that you may have it would be greatly welcome.

Thank you Michael!

Regards,

Brock

2 Likes

Hi @Brock_GL

thanks for the update, I am monitoring this page already quite some time. I am actually driving a migration project and one option was to consider Realm sync with a Flutter App. but since there does not seem to be any estimation when the SDK is production ready I tend to not spend time on evaluation. This is a pity since the use case would fit but I can not ask for resources when there is no timeframe I can plan with. The current migration needs to be GA latest July 1st.

Regards,
Michael

Any updates on timing of when the Flutter SDK will be ready for use? When I read here realm_dart | Dart Package it still says a custom engine is required. Any info on when mainline Flutter engine will work?

1 Like

Hello @Chet_Ferry, hello @michael_hoeller

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Chet, and thank you for being so involved with the community Michael.

I can respect and understand the resource issue, I can assure you thought that our engineers are pushing tremendous effort to make sure the SDK is a great one.

Chet, as far as the timing goes at this time I can’t provide any particular timeline or dates. But I can say our engineers are working the best they can to accomplish the feat, as there’s large expectations from the community our Flutter Realm SDK will service, we want to make sure it meets many of them. It just takes time as it not only has to go through the development process, but also the quality assurance processes that we have in place as well.

Regards,

Brock

1 Like