Live Migration finishes but is missing 30 collections out of 130 total

I’ve tried this already 4 times and from what I can gather, it’s the same 30 collections that are not being migrated over.

The source MongoDB database is a single node replica set in AWS and I have a M30 setup in Atlas. I’ve run through the Live Migration wizard and everything works. It gets to the cut off point of 00:00 for me to do the turnover. However, when I check the collections in the new database on Atlas, I noticed that 30 collections are entirely missing.

I don’t know what to do at this point or what might be causing certain collections to not be migrated over. Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Hi @Dennis_Choi - Welcome to the community

Please contact the Atlas support team via the in-app chat to investigate any operational and billing issues related to your Atlas account. You can additionally raise a support case if you have a support subscription. The community forums are for public discussion and we cannot help with service or account / billing enquiries.

Some examples of when to contact the Atlas support team:

• Deployment of cluster changes being stalled
  • Payment of invoices failing

In the case of the live migration, the Atlas support team should have more insight to your Atlas destination cluster and Atlas project.

Best Regards,
Jason Tran

2 Likes

So, I did create a case and was able to get a resolution for this. The issue was that with my source MongoDB version being 2.6.12, there is a known bug with the Live Migration with this version where only a max of 100 collections get migrated over. Knowing this, I was able to find a solution to my problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.