Little mistake in the video m320 Bucket pattern v2

Hi,
There is a little mistake here:

“This is 36 billion…” should be replaced by “This is 600 million …”
Thanks,
Rafael,

1 Like

Hi @Rafael_Green

Thanks for flagging this, we’ll add a note to flag it should be 60 readings per minute rather than 1 reading per minute. Looking at the schema it should be 60-second readings in an array for the minute as I think a one-second sensor reading interval makes much more sense for the IoT sensor than a one-minute sensor reading interval. This definitely is not clear in the video and we’ll add a note to remove this potential confusion.

Thanks again and kindest regards,
Eoin

Hi @Eoin_Brazil,
Do you mean something like this:
“each sensor is sending us 60 pieces of data every minute”?
i.e. one http request each minute with the data of 60 seconds (something like [20.2, 20.0, 20.1,…] in each request)?
Isn’t granularity of one minute good enough for the needs of the project?
Thanks,
Rafael,

Hi @Rafael_Green

I believe the concept for this lesson is that each document is sent every minute representing one sensor and within that document, there is an array of 60 readings that represent the sensor’s data for that minute.

In an IoT project, it’s likely the sensor granularity would be one second per reading with one document per minute of readings. I’m aware of several customers who use this approach and I think it’s fairly well defined and well used in these scenarios.

Kindest regards,
Eoin

1 Like