Lecture: Atlas user interface

Hello,

I successfully created and deployed an Atlas cluster from the previous lecture:

Organization: MDBU
Project: M001

However, I created a user with the incorrect details. I want to delete this user and create the correct one as per the tutorial (m001-student). However, I can’t find a way of adding a new user.

I have successfully created Sandbox database.

In the current lecture (Atlas User Interface Overview), my screen is slightly different from the screenshot in the tutorial. Specifically, I don’t see DATA STORAGE and Clusters, Triggers & Data Lake in the left panel (mine shows DATA SERVICES with Triggers, Data API & Data Federation). In the main window, which should be Clusters, mine is Database Deployments.

Can someone suggest what I should do and where I have gone wrong please?

Kind regards,
Sam

Under security—>database access you should see the user you created
Delete it and add new user as per your requirement

Thanks for that.

I still can’t figure out the rest:

In the current lecture (Atlas User Interface Overview), my screen is slightly different from the screenshot in the tutorial. Specifically, I don’t see DATA STORAGE and Clusters, Triggers & Data Lake in the left panel (mine shows DATA SERVICES with Triggers, Data API & Data Federation; no CLUSTERS). In the main window, which should be Clusters, mine is Database Deployments.

Do not compare lecture videos with current Atlas interface.May be the lectures are based on older interface
My Atlas interface also shows database deployments.Are you facing any issue?You should be able to see your cluster

Hello again,

yes, I can see my Cluster (Sandbox). However, according to the tutorial, when I click CONNECT, it should open a window to create a user and specify the IP address; I don’t get this window. That’s probably because I already created the user m001-student, but I can’t seem to find this user anywhere. How can I discover which user is connecting to the Cluster?

Finally, for the next chapter, I need to launch the IDE. However, the Launch IDE button isn’t anywhere in my environment.

I would appreciate if you could help me with the above issues.

Kind regards,
Sayantan

If you have created user you should be able to see it under database access
Where did you create this user
Have you followed all the steps
Did you create your database from database deployment page by choosing the M0 free tier cluster?
Connect is not used to create the user.It will give you connect string to connect to your cluster
What do you see when you click connect?
Also show the screenshot of your Atlas database deployment page
If you are not sure you can always create another Sandbox under a new project and create the required user
Please revise your deployment instructions again
For connecting to your cluster you should use IDE
IDE is not available on Atlas interface
It is a browser based environment which you will find at the end of each chapter
Paste your connect string in the terminal area and you should be able to connect to your cluster