Lacture: Reconfiguring a Replica Set - rs.reconfig() command fails

Hello, I apologize if this issue was posted before,but I did search through the forums to see if someone had the same issue as me but so far I found nothing.

As stated in the title, this is what I get:

And this is what I found on the MongoDB DOCS:

I just wanna know if I’m in the right path or not.

I’m weary of using those commands because I don’t want to mess anything up because it took me a while get my local MongoDB running, due to not updating from 3.6 to 5.0 correctly, but I fixed it.

Thanks.

With M103, you were not supposed to download anything.

The course supplied an IDE so that we do not fall into different version of the API. You are supposed to do the lab with the version of the software that is already installed in the IDE. The IDE was introduced to avoid this kind of pitfalls.

You won’t be able to have your lab validated if you do things outside the IDE.

Maybe I should have been more specific, this is not a Lab, its the Lecture, I like to practice the commands we are being taught while listening to the lectures. I know we are supposed to use the in-browser IDE for the labs, but are we also supposed to use the same IDE to practice what we see on the lectures? It seems kind of inconvenient to me.

The course is based on a specific version of mongod, mongos and mongo.

Some details might differ as the software evolves.

You can use mongod --version to see the version you have on your local machine vs the version in the IDE. You then look at the version specific documentation and you need to adjust the API details. The core concepts are the same. Once you know that you should be able to navigate with the differences.

That’s a bummer, but it will have to do, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.