Is it possible to migrate MongoDB together with Realm and Sync to different cloud provider or region?

Hi, so we faced with the Realm Sync issue that everything just works so slow that it takes 8 minutes to just perform async open instead of ordinary ~5 seconds. More info in the topic Keep getting Bad changeset (DOWNLOAD), even after re-installing app - #7 by Anton_P

TLDR: We narrowed it down to be the specific region AWS N. Virginia (us-east-1) issue while in the AWS Ireland (eu-west-1) it works just fine.

So back to the question: is it possible to migrate everything including Atlas data, Realm Sync data, users, etc to a different region? Or is there a better solution to improve stability? What are pitfalls? I see there is an option for a cluster to change the region but it looks like it’s impossible to change the Realm Sync region. I believe a partial solution won’t help and might even make things worse if we migrate our cluster to Europe while sync still is in the buggy region.

I’d be happy if this could be just fixed but it looks like it takes forever while users just struggling each day and I don’t even know if someone is working on the issue because all AWS and MongoDB statuses are just green.

More likely MongoDB works just fine as I’m able to get any data almost instantly via shell tools so it looks like the Realm Sync issue in the us-east-1 region

Hello @Anton_P,

Thank you for raising the query. There was a temporary issue in the region and has been fixed since.

is it possible to migrate everything including Atlas data, Realm Sync data, users, etc to a different region?

Unfortunately, there is no automatic migration between regions at this time. It is recommended that your Cluster is in the same region as your Realm App.

Please let us know if there are any further queries.

Kind Regards,
Henna

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.