Images don't load in my application when I clone the repo on a new desktop

Hello,

I asked around on various corners of the web, but haven’t gotten any answers. I apologize in advance if this isn’t the place to ask.

Anyway, I’ve been working on a project on my laptop (it basically allows you to upload images, write comments, etc.). Everything is up and running correctly. However, I just got a new desktop, and decided to clone the project repository from github. I have the exact code, but none of the images appear. When I try to upload an image, it’s just blank on the web app, but it is indexed in MongoDB atlas.

Also, trying to view the image on the laptop also does the same thing(image doesn’t appear). If I upload an image on the laptop, I can’t see it on my desktop(just blank).

Can anyone help? Also, I have 0.0.0.0/0 set for IP whitelisting.

Thank you!

Welcome to the community @Matthew_Fay!

Displaying images on a web page sounds like an application issue rather than something specific to MongoDB.

Can you provide more details on how you are saving and retrieving the images?

I would also check your browser console (for example: Google Chrome DevTools) for more context on the error. In most browsers you can open developer tools with a Console tab by right-clicking on an empty space on the page and choosing a context action like “Inspect”.

Regards,
Stennie

Ok, yes, you’re correct - it is a problem with the template engine, not MongoDB. Jumped to conclusion too soon. A few console.log() calls lead me to the problem. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.