I need to know the IP of my cluster, Atlas does not resolve the domain name

Hello,

I am having some problems connecting to the database from a server hosted at cloud and they asked me about the MongoDB server IP address so they can check more. Is there I way I can find out which is the IP address of the server where my DB is located?

Another question is the address of my cluster:aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net , I can connect from my local machine to it.

nslookup aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net

Why this DNS is not resolved. I tried to nslookup it and it doesn’t return anything.

I would like to better understand how it works, I have other databases in other clouds (RDS PostgreSQL, Redis, ScaledGrid) All endpoints that are passed to me resolve.

Atlas endpoint does not resolve the name.

Best Regards,

It is. See:

;QUESTION
aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net. IN ANY
;ANSWER
aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net. 60 IN TXT "authSource=admin&replicaSet=atlas-ljmqsp-shard-0"
aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net. 60 IN SRV 0 0 27017 ac-tfd8xpu-shard-00-00.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net.
aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net. 60 IN SRV 0 0 27017 ac-tfd8xpu-shard-00-01.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net.
aquino.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net. 60 IN SRV 0 0 27017 ac-tfd8xpu-shard-00-02.pv2hrqc.mongodb.net.

But you need to query something else than A records. Read about it at SRV record - Wikipedia.

Thanks for the information. It was what I needed.

Good to know, so Atlas Works with DNS SRV. I thought it was Type A.

One other question:

If I have an IP from Atlas, can I know which name it resolves to?

For example, this IP is from an Atlas cluster 35.180.52.239, but I would like to know which DNS it resolves to.

I say this because I have traffic monitoring on my network and the DNS is not shown, only the outgoing IPs and the amount of traffic that comes from each one.

Best Regards,

The tool you are already using, nslookup, can do that.

You may also use Dig (DNS lookup).

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.