How do I practice along with the tutor on mongo basics course

I see the tutor has some sort of terminal when showing us how to use mongodump, export etc and I do not have a terminal so how do I follow along?

It is part of the IDE.

Hi @Vuyisile_Van_Dave, can you please share the name of Operating System that you are using?
If it’s Windows you can use the Command Prompt instead of the Terminal.
To perform the mongodump command, you have to install the MongoDB database tools.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

Thanks for the response @SourabhBagrecha. I am currently installing it and I have hit a brick wall. What is an “account domain”. I cannot get past this part

It keeps rejecting my account domain with this error, “Remember to use “.” for the domain if the account is on the local machine”.

Just put (.) dot for domain name for local host install
For account user/password use your Windows system id/password

1 Like

I have arrived now and I am able to run commands like mongod, mongo etc but how do I start making databases and querying them like on lecture 2 exporting and importing?. I am on my terminal which currently looks like this

Hi @Vuyisile_Van_Dave,

All of this is explained in the course itself. You need to append your connection string with the command.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.