How can I connect this aggregation database in my cluster?

How can I connect this aggregation database in my cluster?

The first few lessons of the course explain how to connect to this shared database.

Please follow the steps and share any issue you get with a specific steps.

You may also consult the mongoexport and mongoimport documentation if you want to make your own personal copy.

2 Likes

M121 uses a read-only database all students can safely use to learn aggregations without worrying about changing the data accidentally.

“Lecture: Atlas Requirement” in the Chapter 0 has the connection string you will use throughout the course.

1 Like

Hi @Argha_Pratim_Dhara,
You can also take a look at the first question of this FAQ post to get the connection command:

If you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
MongoDB

1 Like

I did this, still not able to access the cluster, can you do me one favour? I have my own cluster, I just need this database, is there anything you can give this database.

Hi @Argha_Pratim_Dhara,

What’s the error that you are getting when you executed the mongosh command as mentioned in the FAQ post?

As @steevej mentioned you can do this using:

If you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
MongoDB

1 Like

How can I import the file by mongoimport or mongoexpert?
I am new at mongoDB,can you tell me any code which I can run on mongosh to get this database. that will be very helpful for me

This we can understand, but please do not let that keep you back from reading. that causes simple things become a pain.

1- M121 has its database with its own collections, and students connect to it by a read-only account.

2- you can connect to it with mongo command and the 2nd lecture has the “full” command line in the first chapter.

3- to use mongosh instead, just rename mongo to mongosh. it is a new command though and does not have all capabilities mongo has, so heads up.

4- Do you want to work on your local pc instead of atlas? M121 data is not available somewhere to download. you can only connect to this database and export database (mongodump) or individual collections (mongoexport).

• for mongoexport, copy-paste whole command of step-2, rename “mongo” to “mongoexport”, remove “–norc”, add collection name and output file as described by its manual
  • for mongodump, same as above but no collection is needed as it exports the whole aggragations database.
  • then use mongoimport on your own local mongodb server. check the manual for it.
3 Likes