How can I connect my Mongodb Compass to my Mongodb.Atlass. I know how to connect Atlas to Compass but I am not able to make it vise versa? is it possible
I think you need to rethink what all these terms mean, because what you’re saying does not make sense. I’m sorry.
- MongoDB is the database product we’re using.
- MongoD is the server process that runs the MongoDB.
- You can run MongoD on your own servers, on on Atlas.
- Atlas is the cloud service owned and run by MongoDB, the company.
- The command “mongo” starts the Mongo shell, which can connect to any MongoDB system.
- Compass is the graphical tool created by MongoDB (the company) to connect to any MongoDB (database).
So you can use both the shell and Compass to connect to any MongoDB system, be it Atlas, your own servers or any other cloud service.
Atlas, the cloud service, does NOT connect to Compass. Compass is the graphical tool