Hi from Justin Poveda in New York City

Hey everyone!

My name is Justin Israel Poveda and I am currently a senior at Stony Brook University studying Technological Systems Management / Computer Science. As someone who was born in raised in Brooklyn, NY. It is truly an honor for me to be part of this amazing community, as a MongoDB User Group Leader for New York.

Just a little bit more about me, I am a CodeNation and All Star Code Alumni. These two non profit organizations helped and guided me to the path I am on today. Ever since then, it has been instilled in me to give back to my community and help underrepresented students pursue careers in tech. I am currently the Chair Advisor at ColorStack SBU, an MLT Career Prep Fellow, a member in SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers), and a member in Techqueria. It is one of my passions to give back to my community and with the help of MongoDB and you all I know we can make that happen!

The opportunity to be one of the User Group Leaders was something I did not expect to come upon but I am so grateful that I did because it allows me to impact more people with community building! I actually explain how I ended up here in one of my Youtube videos that I will definitely leave a link to down below if you want to check it out. I make videos on my tech journey and document everything I experience and share what I learned in hopes to serve as another resource for the community.

With all that being said please be on a look out for our upcoming event mid September at my university in New York at Stony Brook University!!! I hope you are all as excited as I am about the first event that I will be planning out with the MongoDB team.

Feel free to connect with me:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinpoveda/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwMnrkwOt6i364O3fAcK3sw

9 Likes

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Justin!

Glad to have met you and have you in the community. Your journey is an inspiration to many and thanks for being so passionate about giving back to the community!

3 Likes

Hi Justin and welcome to the Forums!

Share photos of the NYC MUG when you meet, please!

And just in case, for the Hispanic community we do have a MongoDB Podcast in Spanish: the UNICODE U00D1 Podcast :tada: Unicode(U+00D1) Podcast | MongoDB

And we welcome new guests, just sayin’ :wink:

4 Likes