Hi from Jacob in Chicago

Hi everyone, I’m Jacob!

I’m currently a senior software engineer in threat research at a security vendor, and I am currently living in Chicago, Illinois. I’m very excited to be joining the MongoDB Community as a MUG Co-Leader for the Chicago MongoDB MUG. I got my start with MongoDB around version 3.6-4 when I learned about it during a Hackathon at my university (it was a MLH (Major League Hacking) hackathon event at the University of Wisconsin). I’m quite excited to help grow the MongoDB community here in Chicago and the Midwest. I have prior experience in both the security world and the software engineering world. I’m currently certified as a Mongo Developer in Python and am studying for the Mongo DBA certification as well.

I’ve presented at a few different events in the Midwest, including Chicago’s very own MUG and FutureCon in Indianapolis, Indiana! I love the vibrant and diverse tech community here in the Midwest, and I hope to grow it even further. I also have a passion for open source software and contribute whenever I can.

You can find me on LinkedIn, Twitter, and GitHub.

Come find me at the Chicago MUG :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Aloha Jacob! Welcome to the MongoDB Community. So excited to see that you’ll be co-leading the Chicago MUG. Reach out if you’d like me to help connect you with the AWS User Group Chicago. Might be a great group to co-host a meetup with! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Jacob!

2 Likes