Greetings from Germany

Hello people,

I’m Mohammad-Ali, doing MongoDB since 2018. I would be glad to help with MongoDB- and Mongoose-related questions.

3 Likes

Hi Mohammad,

Welcome to the MongoDB community! :slight_smile:

That’s awesome to hear, we have a lot of people using Mongoose and your help will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing you around.

3 Likes

:wave: Welcome to the MongoDB Community @aerabi and g’day from Sydney, Australia!

Are you able to share a bit more about what you’re currently working on with MongoDB?

We have community members from around the world, but Germany is home to some very keen community contributors including:

Regards,
Stennie

4 Likes

Hello @ado and @Stennie_X, and thanks for the kind words.

So, I started working in my current company in mid-2019, when I introduced MongoDB there (as I had previous experiences with it, e.g. at Picnic in Holland).

My interaction with MongoDB can be classified into 3 categories:

• Use MongoDB as the storage means for the new features.
  • Migrate old database models into MongoDB.
  • Create infrastructure for using MongoDB and developing into it, e.g. creating test mechanisms for it, Docker-Compose setups, wrapper repository classes, etc.

P.S: This Champions program is very sexy. I’ll start working out to attend the tournament. :women_wrestling:

Liebe Grüße,
Mohammad-Ali

4 Likes

Hello @aerabi, welcome to the forum :wave:

your set of experience reads interesting, for sure this can help others here in the forum. Good to know that you seem to have deeper knowledge in mongoose. Recently I come in every second project across the question if we need mongoose any more, though I have not seen this question in the forum. This will become an interesting communication.

Regards, and warm greetings further south :wink:
Michael

3 Likes

welcome to the forum @aerabi ! :wave:

2 Likes

Hello @michael_hoeller and @Arkadiusz_Borucki, and thanks for the warm welcomes.

I agree, @michael_hoeller, Mongoose is now so much the default option people usually won’t ask themselves if they really need it. @Michael_Lynn has done an interesting interview with the developer of Mongoose and has opened a thread on it here. The link to the original interview is also presented. We could probably discuss there when to use Mongoose and when not to.

2 Likes