Getting SSL error since last 2 days on Android 6 devices

I have been using Realm SDK for Android. Everything was working fine until 2 days ago when 6 of my devices stopped communicating with the Realm app. Only devices with Android 6 or below are affected. Newer devices are working fine.

Upon investigating, this was the error thrown when trying to log in to realm:

NETWORK_IO_EXCEPTION(realm::app::CustomError:1000): javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.

It looks like the error is related to the server (MongoDB Realm), but is there something I can do from the client side?

1 Like

The issue here is that MongoDB Cloud transitioned to use a Let’s Encrypt as the Certificate Authority for all its services. These certificates are signed with the ISRG Root X1 certificate. To prevent service disruptions, ensure you have the ISRG Root X1 certificate in your trusted certificate store. Because these devices are running an operating system from 2015, they will not have this certificate, you will need to either manually add the certificate or update the operating system.

Thanks, it worked after adding the certificates!