Full text search in mongoDB Realm embedded database?

Hello

i am looking for any detail around whether full text search capability works in mongoDB Realm mobile embedded database ?

Full text searches are fully supported in Realm. However, the question is a little vague - can you tell us about the use case and coding platform?

In Realm it’s called a filter and is fully covered in the documentation. Here’s the Swift docs

Hey @Pavan_D1 i think you’re referring to Atlas Search, correct? If so, you can always create a Full text Search endpoint using GraphQL and call that via Mobile.

Here’s an example of a custom resolver which uses Autocomplete:

https://github.com/rkiesler1/MongoRx/blob/main/realm/graphql/custom_resolvers/query_autocomplete.json

I think the author refers to fuzzy/fulltext search “on local realm db” without calling external resources like Atlas Search.

The filter feature pointed by @Jay it is pretty basic compared to Atlas Search.

On local realm data I am afraid you can’t go beyond string “contains” and “like”.

Am i wrong?

@Robson_Tenorio

There are powerful and flexible querying options in Realm via the SDK; not only do you have the built in filtering features, there is also Realm Swift Query API and then leveraging NSPredicates can really amp up the filtering capability.

See the NSPredicate Sheet Sheet along with Realm Filters for some further reading and examples