"Fear not young Padawan"

So, this instructor was not my favorite (No offense there are some great instructors), until this happened. He was explaining a new concept to us, and I quote, said this…fear not young Padawan. Now I didn’t have to look up the meaning of this but like any good Star Wars enthusiast, I did it anyways, how else do you find out where Chewbacca’s from and all that? Anyways, here is what I found for the definition…“a youthful, naive, or not yet fully trained Jedi”. So, now promoted to favorite, because they called me young, not for saying I have Jedi :martial_arts_uniform: :1st_place_medal: potential lol. Back to it. Thanks for that. I’d give a shout if I knew the instructors name. Norberto is the name! I was just told in the video lol.

1 Like

Hi @Jason_Nutt,

Nicely spotted geek reference (although courses should try to avoid unrelated jargon you have to look up).

Here’s a canonical description: What is a Padawan? | StarWars.com.

In Star Wars lore padawans are paired with an experienced instructor:

When a youngling was ready to graduate into more mature and rigorous study, they reached the rank of Padawan. A Padawan was an apprentice paired with a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master for teaching and training. Most wore a Padawan braid to denote their status in the Jedi ranks.

Padawans also get certified when they complete their studies:

When a Padawan was deemed ready to become a Jedi Knight, they embarked on a rite of passage known as the Jedi Trials. Trials were a test of power and intellect, designed to challenge an individual Jedi’s strengths and weaknesses.

Learning is a continuous exercise, even for the Jedi Knights and Masters:

We happen to have a thematically related forum badge: May the 4th be with you, always!

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

I accept the Title. Without seeking adventure or excitement, a Jedi craves not these things, and I will keep my mind only on where I am, …what I am doing.

Not like Luke. “Never was his mind on where he was…what he was doing.” Our Boy upstairs ~Yoda~ BTW, my brother just told me about the episodes in the clone wars that tells when the astral projection type sitch happens like when they were able to start seeing the spirit of Yoda and Obi-wan and Anikan. WHaaat? I think I’ll watch. While I figure out why my bar chart’s y-axis stats are all reading zeros lol. #PadawanLife

1 Like