Failed to import app: cannot link cluster for Atlas service via source control

I just set up my Realm app for deployment via GitHub (cool!) but when I tried it just now I got failed to import app: cannot link cluster for Atlas service via source control

I had already successfully used realm-cli to configure the app (including linking cluster) and everything worked fine. The commit I am pushing has nothing to do with Atlas, it’s just a file in the hosting dir.

Hi @Ted_Hayes, are you able to share the repo so that I can try it out?

I can’t really share the repo unfortunately, but it was just exported using realm-cli from a basic project I had started. I hadn’t even changed or configured anything.

I thought perhaps it could have to do with the Export for Source Control limitations, but I’m using realm-cli beta and that doesn’t offer that flag (perhaps they just made it compliant by default?)

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.25.55 AM

So I inspected data_sources/mongodb-atlas/config.json:

"name": "mongodb-atlas",
    "type": "mongodb-atlas",
    "config": {
        "clusterName": "Cluster0",
        "readPreference": "primary",
        "wireProtocolEnabled": false
    },
    "version": 1
}

This seems compliant except for the name field, so I tried taking that out but still got the same error.

I was able to recreate the error.

Firstly, you don’t need to flag the export as for source control with the new CLI.

I was able to fix the issue by removing the config.clusterName attribute and leaving realm_config.json unchanged (that part of the documentation is out of date - you shouldn’t edit that file after it’s been exported).

Aha, I got it to work by removing "clusterName": "Cluster0" from mongodb-atlas/config.json. Is that a bug on the Realm end, then?

Thank you so much!!!

Glad to hear that the workaround works. The engineering team is working on the fix as we type.

1 Like