Failed : failed to import app: must specify a mongo service ID

mongodb-realm-cli@2.0.0-beta.7

We are deploying from bitbucket using our Jenkins pipeline.

Hi Shahil,

Could you please try upgrading to the latest realm-cli 2.6.2 and take a fresh realm-cli pull before trying to push changes?

To upgrade:
npm upgrade -g mongodb-realm-cli

Regards

I can ask the DevOPS team to do this.
Just an FYI. I am able to deploy an existing app but this error has occured only on app that was created yesterday.

I am able to deploy an existing app but this error has occured only on app that was created yesterday.

I understand you created the app using the Admin API below
https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/app-services/admin/api/v3/#tag/apps/operation/adminCreateApplication

Was the existing app also created using Admin API or via the UI?

@ other participants in this thread, did anyone else experience the error after using the Admin API to create their app?

Regards

The existing apps were created using Admin API.

Hi @Alexandar_Dimcevski @Shahil_Shah @Paul_Vu @Erlend_Blomseth

I was able to reproduce the issue which appears to be a bug and have found a workaround.

It seems to be an issue for realm-cli and github auto-deploy if the custom_user_data.json config has the property of "enabled": true

Please try these steps:

• In your github or realm-cli repo go to your auth > custom_user_data.json file
  • update enabled property to false
  • push the change
  • notice in your UI that custom user data is still enabled
  • all future changes from github or realm-cli will be successful

If the config for the enabled property is set to false, the file will be ignored from the change and whatever is causing the bug will be overridden. At the same time it does not affect the actual cloud state of that feature and user data will remain enabled.

I’ll report this bug internally.

Regards
Manny

3 Likes

We started encountering this error today, and the temporary fix worked, but please keep us updated on when this is fixed for real.

1 Like

Thanks @Mansoor_Omar , I updated my settings the other day and it appeared, I applied your solution and it worked!

1 Like

Hi Cesar,

Our team are working on fixing the bug and I’ll update this thread when it’s released.

Regards

I started getting this error 20 minutes ago. No changes were made to the config.

Hey Daniele, did you change your custom_user_data.json ?

{
"enabled": true,  ❌
...other fields
}

{
"enabled": false,  ✅
...other fields
}
1 Like

I cannot find that file.

1 Like

I got the same issue for an production app now. I didnt change anything. Using GitHub actions to deploy new schemas. I am using custom user data.

Is there a temporary workaround?

Should be in your auth folder

@Paul_Vu This file is in my auth folder

Hi All,

The bug should now be RESOLVED.
Please try pushing changes without the workaround I mentioned.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Regards
Manny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.