Error System.TypeInitializationException: 'The type initializer for 'MongoDB.Driver.Core.Misc.DnsClientWrapper' threw an exception.'

Hi i have an error System.TypeInitializationException: ‘The type initializer for ‘MongoDB.Driver.Core.Misc.DnsClientWrapper’ threw an exception.’ can you help me with this.

MongoDB .NET/C# Driver version : 2.17.1
.NET version : .net 2.0 Standard
Operating system and version : Windows 11 21H2
Full stack trace : System.TypeInitializationException: 'The type initializer for 'MongoDB.Driver.Core.Misc.DnsClientWrapper' threw an exception.' and  System.AggregateException: 'Error resolving name servers (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) (Could not find file "/etc/resolv.conf")'

Hey, can you provide your scenario and a small repro? Does it work without xamarin like in a simple console app?

No it’s a xamarin app for a mobile device like a phone or tablet here’s a picture of the code where I apply the Mongo DB commands!

var settings = MongoClientSettings.FromConnectionString("<connectionString>");
var client = new MongoClient(settings);
var database = client.GetDatabase("<myDatabase>");
var collection = database.GetCollection<BsonDocument>("<My collection>");
var document = new BsonDocument
{
                 { "name", "MongoDB" },
                 { "type", "Database" },
                 { "count", 1 },
                 { "info", new BsonDocument
        {
            { "x", 203 },
            { "y", 102 }
        }}
};
            await collection.InsertOneAsync(document);

This error happens in 3rd party dependency that we reference in the driver with this simple code: new LookupClient(). I think you will see the same error when you create a LookupClient directly without driver at all. Is so, I think the best solution here is if you create an issue here

NOTE: for xamarin, you can try using realm driver that most-likely doesn’t have this issue