Error reading config file: No such file or directory

Hi All,
I am getting below error when i am trying solve "You need to bind IP address " issue. Please find image below.

Please help as i don’t have enough time to complete M103 Mongod Chapter.

Thanks,

Deepak Rawat

You’re inside a virtual machine so it doesn’t know what “c:\program files…” is.

You can create the config file and place it inside the shared folder in your host machine which is then accessible from the /shared folder in your VM like so:
mongod -f /shared/config.conf

Hi ,

Thanks for you reply. I tried your suggestion but got the below mentioned error.

You need to be inside the VM.

Hi,
Just now i tried that also but another error.

Share a screenshot of the:

1. config file
  2. output from the code below:
    ps -ef | grep [m]ongo
  1. config file

2. output from the code below:
    ps -ef | grep [m]ongo

As suspected, dbpath and logpath needs to be valid paths within the Ubuntu VM, not Windows paths. Please also go ahead and delete the screenshot of your config file.

By the way, the bindIp option is incomplete (refer to the config file documentation) and you haven’t enabled authentication.

How to delete the screenshot from the post?

Click on the pencil icon under the post.

By the way, what’s the title of the lab that you’re doing?

Thanks.

I am doing the chapter 1 : The Mongod.

That’s the title of the chapter, what about the title of the lab?

Tying to complete the Configuration File Lab but getting all of that errors…

You have 5 requirements:

The first 4 requirements is related to the config file. Ensure that your config file meets all 4 requirements.

Hi @Deepak_22705,

I hope you found @007_jb’s response helpful. Please let us know if you are still having any issues.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

Hi Shubham,

Something happened to my VM. Vagrant up is hanging and if i open new cmd prompt and try to do vagrant ssh , it is hanging and not coming up.
I think i need to delete everything ever Oracle VM and reinstall it again. Then start fresh with this chepter.

Thanks,

Deepak Rawat

Maybe share some screenshots.

Hi @Deepak_22705,

Please provide the information requested by @007_jb so that we can better understand the problem.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

Hi Shubham, OO7_jb,

I have removed VM from my system as well as deleted the m103-vagrant-env folder and then reinstalled everything as per the VirtualBox&Vagrant_Windows.PDF and started from scratch.
Now, I am getting error while I am on “The mongod” chepter doing below command:
Shutdown mongod from our second shell:
mongo admin --eval 'db.shutdownServer()'

the error is as below:

Please help.
Thanks,

Deepak Rawat

You cannot run mongo inside a mongo shell, i.e. the prompt “MongoDB Enterprise >”.

You can run db.shutdownServer() inside the mongo shell.