Droidcon London 2021: Tell Me Quando - Implementing Feature Flags

About this Event

droidcon is a global developer conference series and community with a focus on the best in Android. The idea behind droidcon is to support the Android platform and create a strong network for developers, designers and organizations

Presentation

Change is a constant in Android development. You must make your codebase embrace the newest features while keeping a stable app and avoiding creating a merge nightmare for you and your team. How can you do that?

In this session, I will cover what feature flags are, when to use them, how to implement them and how to enable/disable them. I will show how to make an implementation in an existing codebase by doing some live coding. As a bonus, I will show how to test different execution paths.

Key takeaways are:

• Understand the benefits of using feature flags in your application
  • Learn how to implement them in a real use case
  • Integrate feature flags in your continuous integration
  • Improve your refactoring skills

When?

Oct 29th, 2021
9:00am GMT+1

Where?

:dart: Agenda and Tickets are available via droidcon London 2021

Speaker

94c4afe50678a5673d222456b176ebff247e37bb

@Jorge_Ortiz_Fuentes

MongoDB Developer Advocate

Jorge is a mobile developer advocate working at MongoDB. He focuses on mobile development, security, and systems architecture. As a developer, he started working for the M.I.T. in 1993 and he has collaborated on many software projects since. Most of them were internally for HP, where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Android Developer Challenge and right away started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He was an instructor for some of the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the U.S.A. and Europe. He occasionally delivers mobile and microservices courses, training individual developers and the teams of some of the biggest companies worldwide.