Downloading MongoDB 4.0.3 2008R2Plus SSL(64bit)

I’m trying to download the DB MongoDB 4.0.3 2008R2 Plus SSL(64bit)
This is not taking a few minutes as the downloading window claims, it’s taking hours and hours while not ever finishing.

The measuring green line progresses to circa 80% of completion, then it stops and never covers the remaining 20% to achieve 100% of the green line.

I may be doing something un-standard and would gladly correct.
Is it my Win 7 OS? Is it my Lenovo ThinkPad?.
I will search.

I thank Kanika for her very useful comments.

Cheers! and warm regards,
Paul-André Dupuis


It will never work in windows OS 7
Try to use windows 10
Issue will resolve,I also worked hard to do that in Win OS 7 but it wont work simple wastage of time and effort.
Try to move to next windows OS.

Hi Paulandredupuis,

Thanks for posting the issue! I am very sorry for your experience!

I am sure you have checked the considerations when installing MongoDB on Windows. So, I may be repeating the same things, please check below considerations:

  • Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or later or Microsoft Windows 7 or later for the x86 64-bit architecture.
    To find which version, service pack, and build of Windows is running on your host, as well as the processor type of that host, enter the following command in either the Command Prompt or Powershell:

    C:\Users\kanik> systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version" /C:"System Type"
    OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version:                10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134
    System Type:               x64-based PC
  • Before installing MongoDB, update your Windows host with the latest system updates. At minimum, ensure the following Windows updates are installed on the host:

    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 need KB2731284 to resolve an issue with memory mapped files on Windows.

The Windows installer ( .msi ) file includes all other software dependencies.

You may install MongoDB unattended on Windows** from the command line using msiexec.exe .

For MongoDB Community Edition, follow steps here

For MongoDB Enterprise Edition, follow steps here

Here, click on this tab like this:

Also, I would recommend not install compass along with MongoDB, it is mentioned in the last how to exclude Compass:

msiexec.exe /l*v mdbinstall.log  /qb /i mongodb-win32-x86_64-enterprise-windows-64-4.0.3-signed.msi ^

If it still not working after all this, I have seen people having no trouble installing 3.6.8 version.

I went trough the same issue, to solve the problem I installed the 3.6.8 version and it did work just fine.

Let me know if something works!


Hi Kanika:
I am now working on HP laptop with OS Windows 10. This should work better.
Thank you for your kind attention. I am pursuing.
Paul-A. Dupuis

1 Like