Do you have to know JavaScript before taking M220JS?

As I have no idea how to solve the problem at Ticket: Projection, I guess the course is for people who have mastered OOP in JavaScript only. (You have to know “try” and “catch” for the Ticket, which I never know before)

Based on what is covered in the previous courses (i.e. M001, M130, M121), we are expected to know the MQL command such as:

db.movies.findOne({ countries: { $in: countries } })

Yet you can’t expect to solve the problem just by plugging in the MQL command into the requires .js file

I was into MongoDB because MQL is much easier than other languages (i.e. Java, Python, JavaScript) and thought I can be a MongoDB developer instead w/o those languages. So you have to know another language if you want to be a MongoDB Developer.

Comments?

Hi @h951115951115, thank you so much for reaching out.
Yes, a basic understanding of JavaScript along with familiarity with OOPS concepts is required. The course’s title is: “MongoDB for JavaScript Developers” and the objective of this course is to introduce JavaScript Developers to MongoDB and to Learn the essentials of Node.js application development with MongoDB.
Having said that, we have received a lot of feedback and suggestion on this series, and we are currently working on revamping this series from scratch. Stay tuned for more updates on that.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

1 Like

Sure. It will be great if MongoDB can publish a pdf document for the syllabus of the two Professional Exams instead of only listing the study guide in a single webpage. This could be easier for students to organize. Thanks again to the excellent content which the MongoDB Community Team has provided for self-initiative learners.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.