Defining Permissions: Partition Key Public

My application has public documents with a partition key value of “PUBLIC” and private documents for each user using their RealmId as a string for the partition key.

When defining the read sync permissions using the following my understanding was the user would have access to the tables whose _partitionKey was set to PUBLIC or equalled the user’s RealmId;

{
  "%%partition": [
    "PUBLIC",
    "%%user.id"
  ]
}

But when I attempt to open the Realm using;

public static async Task<Realm> GetSyncedRealm(string partition, User realmUser)
{
	SyncConfigurationconfig = new SyncConfiguration("PUBLIC", realmUser) { Schema = new[] { typeof(Depot), typeof(PrintGrade) }};
	Realm realm = await Realm.GetInstanceAsync(config);
	return realm;
}

I get an Operation Canceled error. If I change the read permissions to true or;

{
  "%%partition": "PUBLIC"
}

I can open the realms for the user including those tables where the partition key is set to the driver’s realm ID; i.e. the _partitionKey is not “PUBLIC”.

What is the correct syntax to restrict the user’s access to PUBLIC documents and to those matching their user ID?

For anyone having a similar problem, defining the permissions as follows fixed my problem;

{
  "$or": [
    {
    },
    {
      "%%user.id": "%%partition"
    }
  ]
}

or

{
  "$or": [
    {
    },
    {
      "%%partition": "%%user.id"
    }
  ]
}
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.