Databases, collection and documents not showing up on visual studio and on compass app

I am using visual studio code, which is connected to my mongodb compass.
I can create new databases, collection and insert documents through visual studio code but they are not showing up on my compass app.
Similarly, I can create new databases, collection and insert documents on my compass app but they are not showing up on my visual studio.
I checked the connection and my IP is registered on atlas.
Please help.

The above does not make sense. Visual studio is a client connected to a database server. Compass is a client connected to a database server. Both can be connected to the same server or connected to different servers.

If you do something successfully on one client it is saved in the server. If you do not see what in the other client you have done successfully in the other client, then it means both clients are not connected to the same server.

Compass does not continually update the data you see. You have to run queries and update the screen.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.