Connection string for studio 3t

I prefer to do my queries in studio 3t, and I would like the opportunity to take the M121 course utilizing this tool. However, I can’t seem to use the given connection string to establish a connection, and I can’t figure out how to parse the string for the right information to enter in manually -

mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/aggregations?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0 --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl -u m121 -p aggregations --norc

Has anyone else been able to figure this out?

I didn’t use it for this course because I find MongoDB Compass to have a better UI for building aggregation pipelines. However, I’m connected as the screenshot below shows. What’s the issue? Error message?

Ya, I connected as well. I had to format the connection string though.
You can’t just copy and paste the string they give you in. Or, were you able to do that?

The connection string supplied in the course is not in the URI format. It’s in the format used for the mongo shell and can be read interpreted by MongoDB Compass. Here’s the URI format that you can use in 3T:

mongodb://m121:aggregations@cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/aggregations?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0&authSource=admin&ssl=true&norc=true

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the solution. I was eventually able to create the URI string myself after reading the documentation.

However, I’m still lost as to what the “norc” option is doing.

Very good! You could have manually filled out the form too.

It’s in the documentation (norc option) as well

1 Like

Thanks, I somehow missed it the first time looking through.

:slightly_smiling_face: :+1: