Compass mongo shell and connection string

Currently have mongoDb compass tied into the cluster and sample used for the basic course. I used Mongosh from the compass. Chapter 0 - from the aggregation simply has this:

The new connection from course M121 ( aggregation ) is mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/aggregations?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl -u m121 -p aggregations --norc

This seems very different compared to last course -M001
We dont connect to the cloud like before to load the collections ?
We cannot do the course using the shell from Compass to connect to cloud instance?
When it comes to final exam - what environment ?

I do seem to have connected using Mongosh from command line window from Windows… I just like using compass :slight_smile:

Thanks !!

1 Like

Try this connect string from Compass
mongodb://m121:aggregations@cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/?authSource=admin&readPreference=primary&appname=MongoDB%20Compass&ssl=true

You can also use mongosh at the bottom of your Compass screen.From the prompt like below

_mongosh

Yes this course does not load any data as it uses class cluster.Everything already setup and the user m121 has access only to aggregations db
For m001 you are using your own Sandbox cluster where yu can load data and create your own DBs/collections

1 Like

Hi and thanks !!! - I think I am in , my first attempt carried some remaining text in the paste connection and totally confused me.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.