Cloud site IDE use of Find

If I use https://cloud.mongodb.com/ I would like to be able to count using he filter on a collection. How do I do this ? Its fine if the count is less than 20, other wise I get something like 1-20 of many … If I try to enter .count() I cannot get it to do that with “Find” - I havent tried aggregation - but its not clear how to apply find as its not in the pulldown

And in general if I have a query like {“city”:“BELLEVUE”} how do I make he query case insensitive as I would in SQL ?

Hello @Andrew_Watts, you can connect to your Atlas cloud database from the desktop GUI tool like Compass or command line tool mongosh. These have more features and functions.

In the cloud UI you can specify a query’s filter in the Find View. There is a field TOTAL DOCUMENTS just above the Find, which shows the document count.

I would like to be able to count using he filter on a collection.

When you enter and apply the filter, you will see the resulting documents and the TOTAL DOCUMENTS will be updated to the new count.

I havent tried aggregation - but its not clear how to apply find as its not in the pulldown

To work with Aggregation queries, you will benefit from working with the Compass or the mongosh.

And in general if I have a query like {“city”:“BELLEVUE”} how do I make he query case insensitive

You can specify Collation option in the Find Options. Collation allows searching in a case-insensitive way.