Chapter 3: User-Facing Backend what is the test name is real?

Hi,

I don’t understand :

PS C:\Users\christophe.machu\Documents\mongodb_workshop\mflix-cs> dotnet test --filter "Name~GetMoviesByGenre"
  Determining projects to restore...
  All projects are up-to-date for restore.
  M220N -> C:\Users\christophe.machu\Documents\mongodb_workshop\mflix-cs\M220N\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\M220N.dll
  M220N -> C:\Users\christophe.machu\Documents\mongodb_workshop\mflix-cs\M220N\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\M220N.Views.dll
  v16.8.0
  Restoring dependencies using 'npm'. This may take several minutes...
  M220NTests -> C:\Users\christophe.machu\Documents\mongodb_workshop\mflix-cs\M220NTests\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\M220NTests.dll
Test run for C:\Users\christophe.machu\Documents\mongodb_workshop\mflix-cs\M220NTests\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\M220NTests.dll (.NETCoreApp,Version=v3.1)
Microsoft (R) Test Execution Command Line Tool Version 17.0.0
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Starting test execution, please wait...
A total of 1 test files matched the specified pattern.

Passed!  - Failed:     0, Passed:     1, Skipped:     0, Total:     1, Duration:  - M220NTests.dll (netcoreapp3.1)

but

it works now; but i don’t know why, just step into debug mode and that’s it !

1 Like

Hi @chris_Machu, thank you for sharing that.
If you come across this again, please feel free to create a new topic with the steps to reproduce this issue.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

This is the same issue as in Chapter 3: Ticket: Paging, which has been known but remained unfixed for more than 1 1/2 years. Please get to it, as it is a giant time waster and annoyance.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi everyone, thank you for reporting this.
I have forwarded this feedback to our Curriculum Engineering team. They will surely take a look into it and will make the required changes as needed.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer