Thank you for trying to help with this. Sadly this didn’t work.
In this case I did what you said, exporting to a new directory:
realm-cli export --app-id=my-appid --for-source-control --include-hosting
Then in my original repo for realm I:
git checkout -b changes-from-ui
cp -a ../new-realm-export/* . # over-write files with the new download */
git checkout hosting/* # I'm replacing these with a new front-end version in the next step
git status at this point showed that there were changes to config.json which seemed reasonable and to 2 files in
services/mongodb-atlas/rules/. There were also new files in
functions makes sense, I definitely modified that.
values, I’m very confused by since it has the same directory structure as the existing repo. A quick scan of file-sizes tells me that it’s most likely a complete duplicate of the parent directory. (Note I did the export twice to confirm)
Anyway, assuming that all of that is correct I proceeded:
git add .
git commit -m "import ui changes from realm"
Then I replaced the
hosting directory with the latest version of my front-end app. That results in changes to my
hosting directory ONLY, which I also commit.
Then I pushed it all to master.
The Deploy tab showed that it failed with the message “Failed: No download link found for values/auth_providers”. Since only realm-UI changes were made there I expect that it should have JUST worked.
I performed the above steps twice and got the same error message both times. At this point, I’m no longer able to deploy front-end changes.
If I could make one suggestion it would be to allow using a separate front-end repo.