Can’t push Realm app when natural pluralization is false

Hello,

I’m currently developing a CI/CD Pipeline for a Realm application and have come across a problem with the Realm CLI that I can’t seem to figure out.

The CLI won’t let me push a new application if the GraphQL configuration (root/graphql/config.json) defines the natural pluralization as false.

So, when the config.json looks like this:

{
  "use_natural_pluralization": false
}

And I push the application with:

realm-cli push --project <Atlas ProjectID>

I get the following error:

push failed: cannot update graphql config field "use_natural_pluralization" 

I understand that this setting cannot be turned off once it is enabled. But science I am creating a new application, I don’t understand why can’t I disable the setting initially.

I have tried multiple variations of the file to work around the problem:

• Setting the value to false throws the previously mentioned error
  • Empty braces (no key value pair) → natural pluralization enabled
  • Empty file (no content, not even curly brackets) → n.p. Is enabled
  • No file (deleted it before the push) → n.p is enabled.

Because the setting can’t be turned off once it is enabled, all these methods won’t work for us.

I noticed, that when creating a new App via the Realm Web UI, the setting seems to be enabled by default as well.

So, is natural pluralization now the standard and there is no way around it? I would really like to avoid reworking our entire schema, so if there is a way to operate without it, I would be delighted.

Regards.

Sam

4 Likes

Hello,

If anyone else comes across this, the use_natural_pluralization property cannot be changed from true to false on an existing app. It is also the case that the value is set to true by default when an app is created.

The only way to set it to false would be to use the Admin API to create a new app where you can pass the use_natural_pluralization in the body of the request when creating a new app.

Regards
Manny