Can MongoDB Atlas Serverless Instances be used with Realm Apps?

I activated a MongoDB Atlas Serverless Instance, but it is not shown as available when trying to add it as a Data Source from the Realm app (via Manage > Linked Data Sources). - Well, maybe I’m looking in the wrong place.

If these are not available yet due to the preview status, will they be available for Realm in the future?

2 Likes

You’re correct that it isn’t possible in this preview release, but it will be supported in the future.

1 Like

Hi there Andrew, is there an expected time for this feature to be available and would be easy to migrate from the current (shared or dedicated) cluster to serverless.

1 Like

Hello,

I reached this phase as well.

1. Any timeline (at least tentative) on the serverless preview phase?
  2. Once it’s available, will there be a (easy) migration from shared/dedicated clusters to the serverless one?
  3. If a realm app si currently linked to a shared (or dedicated) cluster, can it be relinked to a another cluster? (I assume the client reset can’t be avoided)
3 Likes

Any updates ? I want to use Altas Serverless with MongoDB Realm as well!

Sorry, I don’t know when Realm support for Serverless will be. Others on here might.

Thanks for your reply. Hope someone can tell me more about it…! Waiting patiently

1 Like

@Andrew_Morgan any update on this?

I just tried it, and yes, you can connect a Realm app to a serverless Atlas cluster.

Hi Andrew,

I just tried to connect a realm app to my brand new serverless cluster (only one db, one collection, one document) an it seams that I cant connect those do you have any idea why?