Can M220JS course be done with a local mongodb instance instead of Atlas?

After spending a full day trying to connect the app to Atlas without success I am now looking for an alternative.
Is there a link to download the sample_mflix data locally or instructions on how to extract the data from Atlas?
Is it possible to complete the course using a local DB - not Atlas ?

There were a few threads in the forum on how to fix connection issues, but none of them worked for me. The mflix.6xvo5.mongodb.net cannot be resolved by any of DNS servers I tried to use. I ended up using the primary shard mflix-shard-00-01.6xvo5.mongodb.net to connect my local Compas app with Atlas, but that did not work for the mflix application. The app is not able to connect to Atlas but is able to connect to my local MongoDB instance where I have imported data from GitHub - neelabalan/mongodb-sample-dataset: sample dataset used in mongodb atlas cluster for local testing purpose. The trouble is that set of data do not match what the tests in the project expect. For example, the movies are 23539, not 2353 as the test expects.

Hi @Tania_Kirov, welcome to the community :wave: .
Can you please make sure the following is true?

1. There is no firewall blocking the requests to mongodb.net.
  2. You have already your IP address to the IP access list.
  3. You are not using a VPN.

In case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.