Bug: Could not properly post in forum as the site gave me 403 errors repeatedly

I was not able to properly post a question in the forum as the site gave me 403 errors repeatedly:

Re-Login to App while still offline? Could sync_metadata.realm be utilized? (As the editing and delete capability in the forum is disabled after about 5 minutes I was not able to re-post it in one piece either, so the post remains split continuing on into the comments.)

After more than 15 minutes, I finally figured out that a certain character sequence in the following line caused the error. As I cannot post that line as written due to the 403 bug, I will use a +++ place-holder:

• Access the metadata file: cd $HOME/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/8B6+++/data/Containers/Data/Application/2CC+++/Documents/mongodb-realm/tasktracker-q+++/server-utility/metadata

To reproduce the error try to create a comment or post with that line in Chrome using three dots (periods) . in place of the plus + sign.

1 Like

Hi @Christian_Wagner,

Apologies for the inconvenience and many thanks for isolating the problematic text! This is triggering a false positive for a security feature; we’ll get that fixed up.

There are some editing restrictions for brand new users who start at the lowest trust level when they initially sign up. Unfortunately we have to mitigate persistent spammers who try to sneak in dodgy links.

Note: you can flag posts for moderator review if there are inappropriate links, serious formatting issues, or other problems like off-topic discussion that need attention.

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Hi @Christian_Wagner,

This issue should be resolved now. Can you please try editing your existing post to include the expected path info?

Thanks,
Stennie

1 Like

Nice, I was able to update the line of my OP using the offending character dotdotdot.../ sequence
without the error :grin: