As others I’ve gone through a couple of courses. To me most of the lectures are 9/10 or above. So thanks.
Some observations I came up by looking at forum dynamics:
- Many users participate answering (apart from instructors)
- Many questions appear again, and again.
- A few pinned topics seem irrelevant and no one reads it.
- Is it possible to create a newcomers’ troubleshooting guide for the most common problems?
It would improve the experience both of course-users and the ones answering. I’d pin it in the forum too.
I wouldn’t mind to help creating it for solving: uri string problems, IP whitelist, where is the IDE, etc. Probably others are willing to participate.
The same UX improvements would occur if
- Welcome to Discourse topic is removed
I bet 90% know how the thing goes
- Remove 3 attempts for homework questions
As there are next to none users from the time this was implemented
- Remove potential answers (…)
again this is common on most forums, and ppl that dont respect it won’t neither read the topic.
Hope this won’t harm anyone