MongoDB London MUG is happening on April 20th in collaboration with Beamery

MongoDB London MUG in collaboration with Beamery

MongoDB London meetup is happening on the 20th of April at Beamery London in Bunhill Row. :partying_face:

Where?

Event Type: In Person
Video Conferencing URL

Agenda

Time Topic
18:00 PM Drinks, Food & Networking
19:00 PM Welcome MongoDB and Beamery
19:10 PM Talk 1 - Unleashing the power of MongoDB in Beamery Ecosystem - Aaron and Arek
19:40 PM Talk 2 - Recent Additions to MongoDB Query and Aggregation - John Page
20:10 PM Talk 3 - (Details Coming Soon)
20:40 PM Drinks , Networking & Closing

Talks and Speaker Details

Talk 01: Unleashing the power of MongoDB and Beamery

In this talk, we will explore the benefits and capabilities of using MongoDB within the ecosystem of Beamery,
a leading talent management software company. We will cover the features of MongoDB that make it a powerful and flexible database solution, such as its ability to handle unstructured data and its horizontal scaling capabilities. We will discuss how Beamery leverages MongoDB to provide robust and scalable data storage for its platform. We will also highlight the importance of implementing the best MongoDB monitoring practices. Finally, we will showcase examples of real-world use cases where MongoDB has enabled Beamery to deliver powerful and innovative features to its customers. Attendees will come away from this talk with a deeper understanding of how MongoDB can be used effectively within a modern software ecosystem to deliver scalable, flexible, and powerful solutions

ArekB

Arek Borucki
Principal SRE Database Engineer, Beamery

Aaron Walker
Senior SRE Engineer, Beamery

Talk 02: Recent additions to Query and Aggregation that you may have missed

People often ask - what’s new in MongoDB but the time something was added isn’t the
real factor the question is really “What’s been added to MongoDB that I should know about
but I don’t - because it’s beyond basic tutorials and I’ve not studied the last 10 years
of features”. This talk tells you about the important things in the core database
you probably don’t know but should.

John Page
Distinguished Engineer, MongoDB

To RSVP - Please click on the “✓ Going” link at the top of this event page if you plan to attend. The link should change to a green button if you are Going. You need to be signed in to access the button.

Our Host and Sponsor

Who are Beamery?

We are a Talent Lifecycle Management Platform, leveraging an industry-first AI-powered
Talent Graph, with an incredible team of creators, problem solvers, and engineers.
Beamery’s Platform helps organizations unleash human potential within their business.

They can identify and prioritize candidates that are likely to thrive at their organization, build a
a more inclusive and diverse workforce, unlock career ambition opportunities for existing
employees, and understand the skills and capabilities they need for the future.

Here from the team at Beamery in this video about what life is like in Engineering,
Product & Design Team!

Workplace Guidelines

• Your details will be shared with our event sponsor, Beamery, for communication, health &
    safety purposes relating to the event.
  • Please be on time as space has a limit and doors will close at the time event starts.
  • A day prior to the event you will receive an email from Beamery Hylo building
    reception with a QR Code, This QR code is to scan when you arrive at the building for entry.
    If you do not receive this email don’t panic the reception can print you off a QR Code on the
    day as long as you have registered for a ticket.

We look forward to having you all at the meetup.

Cheers, :performing_arts:
Henna

4 Likes

How do we confirm or not attendance ?

2 Likes

Hello @NeilM,

Thank you for raising the question. You can RSVP at the top of the event page. Let us know if you are unable to do it.

Cheers,
Henna

2 Likes

Thanks, got it now I was looking for it.

3 Likes

My apologises, I have had to cancel. I have updated the RSVP.